Looks like Disney has been developing a HAUNTED MANSION animated special with Gris Grimly on board as art director and executive producer. How cool is that? Also on the production team are Phineas (no not the hitchhiking ghost) & Ferb’s Scott Peterson & Joshua Pruett. Grimly has also been connected to Guillermo del Toro’s developing PINNOCHIO. Maybe this will give Guillermo’s long in development HAUNTED MANSION a push.
To push the final days of Unicef’s FORCE FOR CHANGE campaign, Mr. Abrams sweetened the deal by adding an private Ep.VII pre-release screening. Very nice! And oh look at that, he also showed off a very cool new but kinda familiar vehicle. Check out the video here. Just 3 days left!
An extended trailer to the upcoming animated series REBELS was released. This show is looking really good! Check it out here. And yes, Jason Isaacs provides the Inquisitor’s voice!
Usually not the type to crack up at those “funniest home video” fails but this made me laugh out loud. So here’s a video from Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland where Mrs. Incredible falls and well her face detaches from the rest of the costume and ends up on the stage floor. Huge kudos to the show’s emcee (thankless job btw) for how he helped her.
These are hysterical but hit a little close to home. haha. Check out these Middle-Aged Harry Potter titles over at HappyPlace.
I’ve been looking forward to this show for quite some time – long before a very well received segment on this year’s TONY Awards. Here are some reviews for Sting’s upcoming Broadway musical THE LAST SHIP which played in Chicago until July 13th. THE LAST SHIP opens will dock on the Great White Way this October.
- The Chicago Tribune
- New York Post
- Showbiz 411
- Wall Street Journal
- Chicago Sun TImes
- Broadway World
- Here’s the link for Sting’s studio pseudo-concept album for THE LAST SHIP.
- If they’re correct, Badass Digest reported some big time Ep. VII spoilage – possible plot details including what happens right after the iconic crawl.
- And MakingStarWars.net has some great follow-ups to today’s possible spoiler news. They do great stuff on this site and I pretty much agree with them most of the time.
- In the mood for a laugh? How about 30 Star Wars impressions? Excellent!
- I could listen to Kevin Smith read a dictionary. The dude is a superb storyteller. Check out his re-telling of his visit to the epicenter of Ep. VII. Gives me goosebumps. Warning – strong language. Like me, Mr. Smith is 100% New Jersey so it’s expected (and appreciated).
- Halloween is coming! (Cue angels singing). Yes friends, one of the best times of the year is fast approaching. Check out these Darth Vader and Stormtrooper costumes – both in awesome Samurai style!!!
- Does Shakespeare’s JEDI DOTH RETURN have a Easter Egg in its final sentence? Check out Dylan Newhouse / RebelForce Radio (love these guys!). Fun stuff!
- Lucas tells Rinzler that Boba survives the Sarlacc Pit.
- New Millennium Falcon playset will be a (ugh!) Walmart exclusive. Available in November. Rebelscum has the details.
- Want to work with Hasbro in developing the Star Wars brand?
- Christina Chong, 24: Live Another Day, has joined the Ep. VII cast. Another very cool addition.
- Is “Kira” the name of an Ep. VII character?
- Yodasnews has superb reveals of a dozen upcoming REBELS Saga Legends Action Figures.
- Who is the world’s biggest Star Wars fan, Stephen Colbert or Jon Stewart? Neither, I wear that crown. But still they’re impressive, most impressive. Two really funny and classy guys.
- Bail Organa and others confirmed for REBELS via Visual Guide. Check out The Star Wars Underworld for details.
- At least some of Ep. VII is being shot in IMAX.
- Here’s a vid of the Emperor himself, Mr. Ian McDiarmid at the 2014 LFFC.